IOSH MANAGING SAFELY
Introduction to the qualification
IOSH Managing Safely is designed to get employees up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams on a day to day basis.
Who is this qualification suitable for?
It is suitable for employees at any level in an organisation who need an understanding of health and safety and they will leave with a better understanding of why health and safety is such an essential part of their job.
Focusing on the training
We focus on why health and safety is important, the latest best practise and what you can do to make a significant difference in the safety of yourself and the people around you.
An overview of the training workshop
This training would be carried out in a one day workshop and topics we would cover are:
- Introducing Working Safely
- Defining Hazard and Risk
- Identifying Common Hazards
- Improving Safety Performance
- Protecting our Environment
On completion of the course, you will find numerous business benefits including:
- Greater productivity as fewer hours are lost due to sickness and accidents.
- Improved company-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation for safety measures.
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace.
- Nationally recognised and respected certification.
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain.
Once the employees complete the training workshop, and on completion of their assignment, Polaris Learning would result and issue certification from the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification.
Training delivery options
This qualification is currently available on site at your premises or through open programmes (subject to demand).
CHOOSING THE RIGHT DELIVERY METHOD FOR YOUR LEARNERS
Focusing on the workshop approach, this training would generally be carried out in a two day workshop.
In this workshop we cover:
- Introduction to Competence
- Organising and Preparing
- Carry Out Assessments
- Discussion and Questioning
- Judging and Recording Evidence
- Providing Feedback
- Quality Assurance
Once your assessors complete the training workshops, they are then required to work through the rest of the qualification back at their workplace. Your assessors are supported throughout by a Polaris Learning consultant.
On successful completion of the qualification an SQA certificate is awarded.
This involves the provision of an online training process which includes the completion of formal knowledge assignments. This would typically take one day to complete.
The online modules are:
- Module 1: Introduction to Competence
- Module 2: Organising and Preparing
- Module 3: Carry Out Assessments
- Module 4: Discussion and Questioning
- Module 5: Judging and Recording Evidence
- Module 6: Feedback
- Module 7: Quality Assurance
- Module 8: Qualification – What Next?
Following completion of the online modules and assessment planning, the learner completes the necessary work to generate the evidence required by the qualification back in their workplace. This includes the assessment of two individuals.
We allocate each assessor with a Polaris Learning consultant who works closely with the learner. We build in a series of live webinars or on demand webinars to support the learning process. Client reporting is built in as standard so you can keep track of progress.
The duration of the programme can be organised to suit your requirements and we can facilitate the completion of this over a short or longer period of time.
We can also offer a combination of face to face, online and webinar support and this can be tailored to meet your requirements.