SQA L&D Level 4
Overview of the qualification
Our advanced online learning platform PLUS enables us to deliver this programme either fully online or in a blended learning manner to suit your needs.
SQA L&D Level 4 is also suitable for training managers who have a wider role in developing their organisation’s training provision.
An overview of the qualification requirements
Learners need to complete eight units to achieve this qualification. Learners must complete all the mandatory units and a selection of further units listed below. The duration of this qualification varies and is dependent on opportunity.
- Plan and prepare learning and development programmes (L&D3)
- Evaluate and improve learning and development programmes (L&D13P)
- Reflect on, develop and maintain own skills and practice in learning and development (L&D10)
- Identify collective learning and development needs (L&D1)
- Identify individuals’ learning and development needs (L&D2)
- Develop and prepare resources for learning and development (L&D5)
- Managing learning and development in groups (L&D6)
- Facilitate individual learners in the learning and development process (L&D7)
- Engage and support learners in the learning and development process (L&D8)
- Assess workplace competence using direct and indirect methods (L&D9DI)
- Internally monitor and maintain the quality of workplace assessment (L&D11) (additional charge for this unit)
We can also provide information on a selection of Management National Standards units.
What happens next?
Learners will be issued with assessment packs for their chosen units. They will be required to complete these as they gather evidence of their competence for the qualification.
As SQA L&D Level 4 is a vocational qualification (on the job), learners must have the opportunity to complete the qualification. We can discuss this with you and help assess whether the qualification is achievable.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT DELIVERY METHOD FOR YOUR LEARNERS
Focusing on the workshop approach, this training would generally be carried out in a two day workshop.
In this workshop we cover:
- Introduction to Competence
- Organising and Preparing
- Carry Out Assessments
- Discussion and Questioning
- Judging and Recording Evidence
- Providing Feedback
- Quality Assurance
Once your assessors complete the training workshops, they are then required to work through the rest of the qualification back at their workplace. Your assessors are supported throughout by a Polaris Learning consultant.
On successful completion of the qualification an SQA certificate is awarded.
This involves the provision of an online training process which includes the completion of formal knowledge assignments. This would typically take one day to complete.
The online modules are:
- Module 1: Introduction to Competence
- Module 2: Organising and Preparing
- Module 3: Carry Out Assessments
- Module 4: Discussion and Questioning
- Module 5: Judging and Recording Evidence
- Module 6: Feedback
- Module 7: Quality Assurance
- Module 8: Qualification – What Next?
Following completion of the online modules and assessment planning, the learner completes the necessary work to generate the evidence required by the qualification back in their workplace. This includes the assessment of two individuals.
We allocate each assessor with a Polaris Learning consultant who works closely with the learner. We build in a series of live webinars or on demand webinars to support the learning process. Client reporting is built in as standard so you can keep track of progress.
The duration of the programme can be organised to suit your requirements and we can facilitate the completion of this over a short or longer period of time.
We can also offer a combination of face to face, online and webinar support and this can be tailored to meet your requirements.