Senior Consultant with over twenty years experience in retail business management, and over ten years experience working as a trainer and consultant for food manufacturers and food retail businesses.
As a qualified assessor, butcher and meat inspector, Alastair has worked with Improve in setting the criteria for Meat Inspection standards, delivers SVQ and ILM work based qualifications for aspiring team leaders, supervisors and technical staff, and is involved in the delivery of HACCP, food hygiene, butchery demonstrations, internal audit and other technical and production management courses.
Extensively experienced in the development and implementation of accredited training programmes.
Group training and one-to-one coaching including the training and development of workplace trainers, supervisors and assessors.
Over thirty five years practical experience in the food manufacturing industry.
Experienced Project Manager ensuring the smooth running of projects from development to timely completion.
The effective implementation of N/SVQs including the training and qualification of front line workers to managers.
Experienced butcher with contemporary knowledge of best practice and profit maximisation.
Expertise in meat, game, poultry, fish and other food manufacturing.
Retail management experience as owner and manager of three butcher shops.
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Qualified Assessor (A1)
- Qualified Verifier (V1)
- L10 Enable Learning through Presentations
- Principles of HACCP and Intermediate HACCP
- HNC Quality Control
- HNC Communication
- Certificate in Poultry Meat Inspection Level 3
- Certificate in Meat inspection Level 3
- REHIS Diploma in the Inspection of Red & White Meat
- Internal Auditor
- REHIS Diploma in Advanced Food Hygiene
- ILM Workplace Trainer Award
PROJECT EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCE
- Implementation and delivery of SVQs and hygiene training courses to manufacturing industries.
- Project management of in-house development programmes to some of Scotland’s leading food organisations.
- Delivery of modules of the Institute of Leadership and Management Qualifications.
- Delivery of Level 3 workshops in Food Manufacture for supervisors and managers.
- Member of the steering committee representing Improve for setting the standards for meat hygiene inspection.
- Twenty three years experience in retail butchery and management, managing three shops.
- Responsible for business strategy, sales and marketing, employee recruitment, retention and development, new product development and pioneering new display methods.
- Experienced internal auditor to BRC version 6 standards and delivery of internal auditor training.
- Training and assessment to support candidates achieving SQA L&D7 and SQA L&D8 unit accreditation and train the trainer qualifications.